Friday, October 30, 2009

Help on connecting to a database from a web page, scripting, possible problems?

Hi



I%26#039;ve been asked to prepare a 30 minute training session about:



%26quot;Connecting to a database from a web page%26quot; for some tech support staff. I%26#039;ve been told to expect to present one or more sample scripts and to cover typical problems.



The only thing is I know nothing about all this. I have access to some shared hosting with DB and scripting functionalities, but how on Earth do I do this?



I don%26#039;t know where to start, what the essential things to show are etc.



I%26#039;m a trainer, this is an assessment to see how I get on with something unknown. This is beyond unknown... how to diffuse landmines would have been easier.



I know I can%26#039;t show a lot in 30 minutes including intro and question time, but I need enough meat to last long enough and avoid 20 questions at the end.



I%26#039;m trying to read stuff on http://www.w3schools.com but it%26#039;s all a big plate of noodles to me...



Help! Ideally, basic talk and step 1 demosntrate this with x y z, step 2 demonstrate that etc etc please.



Thanks!



Help on connecting to a database from a web page, scripting, possible problems?





Do you know if it is in HTML, ASP, PHP, etc?

No comments:

Post a Comment