Friday, October 30, 2009

How do i publish my "publisher page" to my website?

I can%26#039;t quite figure out how to publish my webpage which has been created in publisher to my web page/or host. What is the best method for doing this?



also how do i link another website with different text eg i write Africa and it takes me to www.africa.com, without showing the adress. can this be done in publisher or is it better to go accross to frontpage?



thanks



How do i publish my %26quot;publisher page%26quot; to my website?





Your webhost probably provides an FTP option somewhere on their site for you to upload the files that are in your website folder. You can also upload them with an FTP program. Most hosts have help pages explaining what to type in to connect. Here%26#039;s one free FTP program you can use if interested: http://www.coreftp.com/



I%26#039;m not sure how to use those programs to add links, but if you open up the file with Notepad, you can edit the html to look like this:



%26lt;a href=%26quot;http:// www.africa.com%26quot;%26gt;Africa%26lt;/a%26gt;



The %26lt;a%26gt; tags around the text make the text show up linked. The href section between quotation marks is the link to go to. Just make sure you include the http://



How do i publish my %26quot;publisher page%26quot; to my website?



some hosts allow you to upoad your files with utility in your file manager. others allow you to ftp the files. some allow both. since you didn%26#039;t mention which host you are using all i can tell you to do is to read their faq page.



but i can tell you this. the publish function inside publisher won%26#039;t work.

No comments:

Post a Comment