Friday, October 30, 2009

Web page back ground music?

please bear with me, I%26#039;m trying to add background music to a web page, I%26#039;m learning as I go, I have an html code but requires a .wav file which is all good but I%26#039;m pretty sure I need to upload this .wav to some audio hosting site but any free sites I come across is saying upload time 1-5 minutes for every 1MB and maxes out at 20MB and this audio file I need to use, in a .wav format is 35MB. is there another way to do this? I%26#039;d appreciate any help I can get.



Web page back ground music?





You can compress the wav to an mp3 but leave the wav header intact. This is acceptable and usually works. But there is no way I would visit a site that is going to want to transfer that amount of data to my machine, even if it was an mp3. I would suggest using MIDI tunes for background music instead.



Web page back ground music?



you do not need to use .wav. modern web clients will play mp3 thru one plugin or another. re-encode the .wav to 64kbit mp3. this should cut the file size by at least 90% ut probably much more (so about 3.5mb max now). you do not need a special audio hosting service.



now the html code can be one of 2 options:



1) embed



%26lt;embed src=%26quot;my_audio_file.mp3%26quot; autostart=true width=144 height=60%26gt;



i like this one better since the user can stop and restart the music/whatever whenever they want to.



2) bgsound



%26lt;bgsound src=%26quot;my_audio_file.mp3%26quot; loop=%26quot;1%26quot;%26gt;



this one can not be stopped/restarted by the user. loop=0 will make it play forever.



http://cdexos.sf.net/ %26lt;%26lt; this is a decent wav %26gt; mp3 encoder that is, best of all, absolutely free



best of luck :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment