Saturday, October 24, 2009

Web hosting - Address bar will not update when browsing my site.?

Hey all :)



I%26#039;m sort of new in this whole %26quot;hosting%26quot; realm. I%26#039;ve finally coded a site and am currently hosting it through godaddy.com. I%26#039;m able to browse through my site%26#039;s pages and forum just fine by using the links I provided. The problem, however, resides with my url not auto updating. If I type in www.sitename.com in the address bar, it will take me to my home page. If I navigate through my site to the forums, it still just says www.sitename.com. Shouldn%26#039;t it correspond with how I have my folders set up on the ftp? I was hoping my forums section would give the following url: www.sitename.com/forum.



Again, I%26#039;m a noob when it comes to hosting :P I know just enough to make nice little site with some info. What do I need to configure in order to get my address bar to update?



Thanks!



Web hosting - Address bar will not update when browsing my site.?





That%26#039;s odd. Have you tried tech support yet? They should be able to get into your account and take a look. You should have a directory in your hosting account mysite/forum. If you type in the actual forum address in the address bar does it go to your forum (i.e. www.mysite.com/forum/index.php)?



Sounds like a tech support issue if your web browser doesn%26#039;t have this problem with other sites and just yours.



John



ceo and founder of http://www.eventurebiz.com



Web hosting - Address bar will not update when browsing my site.?



GoDaddy has excellent support. I think they will be able to help you more than the noobs here. Especially since they are hosting it. Create a ticket and they should get back to you with in 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment